Referee Game Reports
WHEN SHOULD A GAME REPORT BE SUBMITTED?
These following incidents must be reported to the region by a game’s center referee:
· Issuance of any cards to players
· Ejection of coaches or spectators
· Early game cancellation by the referee due to participant behavior
· Violent behavior of any kind
Beyond the incidents listed above, submittal of a game report is at the discretion of the center referee responsible for a specific game. Game reports need not be submitted unless, in the center referee’s judgment, there was an incident or circumstance the referee feels was important enough that the region board should be familiar. Such incidents or circumstances can include, but are not limited to:
· Dangerous or inadequate field conditions
· Violation of LYSA rules or mission statements
· Noticeably poor behavior or sportsmanship from players, coaches, or spectators
· Early game cancellation by the referee due to weather
WHAT ARE THE SUBMITTAL PROCEDURES?
First, download the Game Report form to your computer. You can use either the Word version to fill out directly on your computer or the PDF version if you wish to fill it out by hand (see links at bottom of page). Then e-mail the report to the Commissioner at coach@LaneYouthSoccer.org. Please submit reports no more than 48 hours after the game in question.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THESE REPORTS?
The Board will review each report and advise of necessary action, if any, to the reporting referee and to any other applicable entities, including the involved coaches, players, other referees, etc. If any action is to be taken, the Board will attempt to have the matter settled within one week of the report submittal.